276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Cabotine for Women Eau de Parfum Spray - 100ml

£29.425£58.85Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It has been a long time since I smelled Tendre Poison, but I suppose this does have a bit of that perfume's special inimitable élan. Released in 1990 by Parfums Gres design house, cabotin meaning dramatic in French is scent that cannot stop people from asking you, 'what you wearing'? I bought it during a sale from Notino, and I wonder if it's a fake, since the Qr code on the box did not direct to a working link/site. All Grés perfumes have that typical French retro flair that is not admired by the masses, they are sophisticated fragrances for sophisticated women. This perfume had been on my wish-list for over a year i think but I never got to it, untill today that is !

Combination of White Linen by Estee Lauder and Sparkling White Diamonds by Elizabeth Taylor with an additional grassy note, The only sweetness is the slight natural sweetness of the flowers. To my nose it smells like an old vase of white iris flowers that have been needing to be thrown out.I get warm, billowy (aldehydes) spicy florals that also go slightly powdery from the heliotrope, and a deeply sweet, woody-fruity base with animalic intrigue from the musk. Top notes are Coriander, Orange Blossom, Black Currant, Cassia, Plum, Tangerine and Peach; middle notes are Tuberose, Hiacynth, Carnation, Ginger, Jasmine, Ylang-Ylang, Freesia, Iris, Rose, Heliotrope and Violet; base notes are Civet, Vetiver, Black Currant, Musk, Sandalwood, Cedar, Amber, Tonka Bean and Vanilla. The perfumes of the Grés house are different, they are not mainstream, they are not perfumes for a teenager or for a Kardashian type woman . I like the ninty-eight percent of the notes and that's probably why this doesn't work for me, it's too much, and feels crowded.

Originally I was wishing for crisp floral aldehydes but what what I’m actually getting on my skin is so much better-rich and sultry acacia nectar, green twigs and artisanal soap. To understand and appreciate this fragrance, it is beneficial to, if not to study, at least to look at Madame Grés' work and the amazing Greek pleated evening gowns that she designed. Protect your fragrance from direct sunlight and heat, otherwise it could alter the composition of the fragrance and escape.Despite the complexity, I've been surprised how well Cabotine can blend with other deep-toned perfumes. I agree with an earlier reviewer who said we need to leave labels like "old fashioned" behind, and I'll add the ridiculously rude and repetitive term "old lady" as when the classics were made, those who are elders now were very young then and I agree each perfume should be appreciated and enjoyed for what it is. Cabotine has been compared to the discontinued green Tendre Poison, and indeed they are quite similar, however Cabotine is definitely not a knock off of Tendre Poison. A tepid breeze stuffs your nose with the heavy, narcotic fragrance of a thousand flowers blooming around you.

It is very unique to be used in fragrances and Cabotine was the first fragrance that used Ginger Lily. I believe I might be reacting to the black currant, and I admit I do not like berry-scented things, neither in perfumes, nor in beverages. Cabotine is a name for an wandering actress from the end of the 19th century, and that's what Cabotine should be, it's for different types of women, a young woman could pull it off, her mother can pull it off and her grandmother can pull it off too. It was created with love and enthusiasm, with a very limited budget, and it became a classic of the 1990-ties.

An ageless bold floral with a sharp puff in it's opening and twangy drydown as the scent settles down onto a picnic blanket on the city park grass. Upon first spray I got a rose note that I disliked but as it sat for about 10 minutes it went away and went into everything else. I understand that it has been reformulated, but I never smelled the 1990 original, so I can't compare the 2. She's clumsy, has a bit too much going on, but is committing to the bit for the sake of being authentic and I'm 100% projecting since this is such an easy scent to throw on in a rush, layer with thoughtfully, and have no trouble sweating out since it's just that pesky.

No offense to Fragrantica, but they do not always get the notes right, It's not regular ginger, it's the very rare Ginger Lily as the description above explains but I knew prior to coming here because I devour all things perfume lol.Probably needless to say with all these notes above, but stay away if you are not a fan of white flowers. All of those notes, many of which I really like, but the end result is those little cups of grape jelly you get in a diner.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment